This recipe makes the simplest, yummiest breakfast packed full of all the good stuff. Make this mix your own, add anything from your pantry; if you aren’t a fan of pecans or walnuts leave them out; if goji berries are too expensive, replace with cranberries, or anything your heart desires.
Pair with a splash of milk in the morning and yogurt, and don’t forget the fresh berries!
Homemade Toasted Granola
- 3 cups oats
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 cup mixed nuts (almond, pecan, walnut etc)
- ¼ cup flaxseed
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup goji berries/dried fruit
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Turn your oven to fan bake 150 degrees Celsius.
- Line an oven tray or dish with baking paper.
- Chop nuts up to make them go further, and add to a large bowl
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients together and combine (leave out dried fruit as this goes in at the end)
- Melt honey and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl, and then pour over dry ingredients
- Mix thoroughly so everything is combined into a chewy, delicious muesli
- On the oven tray, pour the raw granola mixture so that it is evenly spread.
- Place into the oven for 12-15 minutes. Depending on your oven you may need to keep the granola in the oven a bit longer.
- IMPORTANT: Keep an eye on it and turn the ingredients at the 7 minute mark so that nothing burns on the edges. Granola can burn very fast!
- Once toasted, take out of the oven and let everything cool. Once cool, put into an air-tight storage container or glass jar, add in the dried fruit and shake around.
The granola will last for around a week to 10 days depending on how air-tight your container is.
Serve granola with fresh banana, berries, milk, and an extra helping of shredded coconut.