These little cheesecakes are soooo sweet and easy to make. Hopefully you will love the scrumptious base, soft filling, chocolate topping, and zesty berry topping as much as my family did!
I love the idea of taking a popular kiwi favourite and mixing it with a healthy raw cheesecake base and a lighter cream cheese filling. Have fun making and eating this one 🙂
Mini No-Bake Jellytip Cheesecake
6 ramekins or mini springform pans (so you can see your creation!)
A large non-stick cheesecake tin
For the base:
- 1 1/2 cup of mixed nuts (soak for 15 mins in boiling hot water)
- 1/2 cup dates (soak for 15 mins in boiling hot water)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
For the filling:
- 250g tub Lite cream cheese
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used Anchor Greek Lite Unsweetened)
- 4 heaped teaspoons/sticks of powdered natural sweetener (I used Natvia powdered stevia)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons gelatine
- 1/2 cup boiling water
For the berry topping:
- 2 cups mixed berries (mix a splash of boiling water to frozen berries to soften them immediately)
- 1 teaspoon/sachet of natural sweetener
For the jelly-tip topping:
- 3-4 Griffons Jellytip biscuits (depending if you are making a full cheesecake or mini ramekin version)
- 4-5 pieces of Whittakers 72% Dark Ghana
- Blend the mixed nuts in a food processor until the nuts are finely chopped. Add the remaining base ingredients and blend until the mixture is well combined and slightly moist.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the tin with your fingers…. Don’t try use a fork, its sticks! And then allow your bases to sit while you prepare the filling.
- Place your cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30-45 seconds. Add the Greek yogurt, sweetener and vanilla essence and mix together.
- In a mug, add half a cup of boiling water (and I mean add as soon as your kettle has boiled cos you want it HOT!) and sprinkle in your 1/2 tablespoons of gelatine into the mug. Allow to settle for a moment and then quickly mix your gelatine and water with a fork until the crystals are dissolved and no longer gritty. Add to the cheesecake ingredients and combine until the mixture is smooth and the gelatine is well dispersed.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of your mini bases and smooth the top with a spoon.
- Place your sweet babies into the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- To make the mixed berry topping, simply add mixed berries to your food processor along with your natural sweetener, and blend until smooth. Pour onto your cheesecakes.
- To serve, go wild! I suggest roughly chopping up the Jellytip biscuits so you have a crunchy/jelly topping, and sprinkle atop your cheesecake. Grate/chop up your Whittakers Dark Chocolate into flakey pieces and spread on top of the Jellytip layer.
Hope you love this recipe as much as I did